Last year the Brown International PTA spent over $46,000 supporting the great work of teachers at our school. Want to be a part of raising funds and deciding how they are spent to do even more good this year?Join PTA!
READ What Mrs. Tynan-Ridgeway has to say about a project PTA funded:
The National Parent Teacher Association has worked toward bettering the lives of every child in education, health and safety since 1897.
When you join your local unit (Brown International) you join PTA Colorado and PTA National, the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the world. Not only do you get to have a stronger voice both in your local school and nationally, you can save money with Member Benefits Providers including: AARP, Hertz, MetLife, Schwan’s Cares, Sharp, Staples and Sylvan.
Want to know more? Check out the National PTA Website. (http://www.pta.org/index.cfm)
PTA representatives will be at Supply Drop and Back to School night. Come and ask questions or get signed up. We’d love to meet you! You can also find the answers to many of the most common questions on the Membership page of the Brown Website.
We are so excited to announce that we have already increased our membership numbers over last year. We are on track to be eligible for the Colorado State PTA’s largest cash award for membership increase. Help us get there by joining today!
- What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources.The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
– information provided by National PTA
Do I have to come to the meetings to be a member?
No. But we hope you will!
Can I bring my kids to the meeting?
Child care is always provided by the North High School Baseball team. Your kids will have a blast!
Do I have to volunteer at school or fundraising events to be a member?
No. However, there are lots of opportunities to volunteer with PTA that require a minimal time commitment. If you are interested in knowing how your skills and availability might fit with our needs email Beth Griffiths : BrownPTAvolunteer@gmail.com
Memberships are individual.Can students join PTA?